Spice up your killer booty with this squat fitspiration!
The fact that you have clicked on this article, could either mean two things—one could be that you are a fellow fitness enthusiast and can't wait to devour anything related to a topic that interests you, or second could be that you seriously plan to pick yourself up and welcome some active change in your daily health routine. Fist bump for both! So, exercise love is one thing but if you too feel that squats are a pain, we totally feel you bro! But, before you think this is a another write-up on making you feel that they are pretty darn easy, wait up, we’ve got more stuff coming your way. Squats, when done right and regularly, they are the magic potion to those oh-so-amazingly-toned legs that once seemed like a distant dream. Oh yeah! We can already predict the affirmative nods from the fitness freaks, confirming what we just said! Squats are an awesome full-body exercise routine, especially for hamstrings, glutes, quadriceps, hips, core and glutes, plus, of course a perky booty! And don’t forget to use the hashtag: #SquatsandSparkles to flaunt them either!
So, let's get started on how you could tweak the usual-squats to get 5 SMART squat moves instead!
Why: Works your glutes all the way down through your legs
• Stand with a straight back.
• Stand on your left leg while keeping your right foot slightly lifted off the ground.
• Keep your arms straight by your sides.
• Push back your hips and bend your left knee to reach the squatting on the ground, while lifting your hands slowly in front of you to maintain balance.
• Return to the original position to complete one rep. Repeat this step 15 times for the left leg and 15 times for the right leg, or as many times as recommended by your professional instructor.
Bulgarian Split Squats
Why: This squat variation is a great way to strengthen your core and engage all the muscles below the belt.
• Stand about three feet in front of a box or bench about knee-height. Keep your hands at the back of your head.
• Lift your left leg backwards and place it on the box or bench.
• Keep your right knee aligned with the toes as you lower your body and lunge forward into a squatting position.
• Push yourself up to complete one rep and repeat the same with the right leg. Repeat this step 15 times for the left leg and 15 times for the right leg, or as many times as recommended by your professional fitness instructor.
Body Weight Jump Squats
Why: Great for working out your full body, especially your leg muscles.
• Cross your arms over your chest and stand straight.
• Keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
• Bend your knees and squat down till your thighs are parallel to the ground.
• Jump as high as possible with all your might.
• Squat to complete one rep and then jump again.
Rock 'n Roll Squats
Why: This one is not just for leg strength but works wonders in building your functional core.
• Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Lift your arms in front and at right angles to your body at shoulder height.
• Push your hips back and do a squat till the floor.
• Lie down on your back slowly and pull your knees close to your chest with your hands.
• Pull your abdomen towards your spine and use your core to gradually roll back.
• Straighten your feet back and then return to the starting position to complete one rep.
• Repeat this step 10 times or as many times as advised by your professional fitness instructor. This is another one that's tougher than it looks. If you're not ready to stand all the way back up, start with just the rock and then return to a low squat position.
Dumbbell Split Squats
Why: Tones your lower body and work them killer abs!
• Hold a pair of dumbbells, one in each hand, while keeping your upper arms fixed to the sides of your body with your palms facing each other.
• Place your left foot in front of your right and then gradually lunge forward as much as you can.
• Return to the starting position quickly. Repeat the same with the other leg. Give these squat routines a try, burn those stubborn calories and spread your awesome vibe! Once done correctly, you can easily jig your way to a #SquatChallenge on ‘gram!